- Quality is everyone's responsibility; the more we invest oursevles in the experience the more we will all enjoy our football.
- Players will adhere to LNFA policies and the LNFA has the final say in all matters.
- The LNFA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and dues paid to the LNFA are non-refundable.
- All players must be registered with the LNFA. New players (who have a team) may register here. All players are responsible for following applicable LNFA policies and FIFAs Laws of the Game.
- The participant and / or the participant’s representative (team Captain), hereby agree and acknowledge the following: (1) Participation in LNFA activities implies that all participants, both on the field and otherwise, release the City of Laguna Niguel, the Laguna Niguel Community Service District (LNCSD), their officers, agents and employees, the Laguna Niguel Football Association (LNFA) and our affiliates of any liability regarding participation in LNFA activities. (2) We agree to abide by the rules of the LNFA, the City of Laguna Niguel, Cal South and its affiliated organizations and sponsors. (3) We recognize the inherent risk of serious or permanent physical injury and possible death associated with soccer activities and matches, tournaments and team travel activities, we hereby release, discharge and / or otherwise indemnify and hold harmless the LNFA, the City of Laguna Niguel, Cal South, and its affiliated organizations and sponsors, volunteers, their employees and associated personnel, including the owners of fields and facilities utilized for our program(s), against any claim, lawsuit or written demand, including but not limited to any claims for personal or physical injury or death, by or on behalf of the participant as a result of the participants participation in our program(s) and / or being transported to or from the same, which transportation we hereby authorize. (4) We authorize verification of the participant’s date of birth from legal records to be provided to an LNFA and / or Cal South authorized representative for the limited purpose of verifying the Cal South player’s age and identity. (5) We consent to emergency medical care prescribed by a duly licensed Health Care Provider or Dentist. This care may be given under whatever conditions are necessary to preserve the life, limb or participants wellbeing and we hereby agree to be financially responsible for all costs associated with such treatment. (6) We consent to LNFA and / or Cal South taking photographs, video recordings and / or sound recordings in documenting the activities of the LNFA and / or Cal South program(s) and / or services. We hereby grant Cal South and their affiliate’s permission to use the negatives, prints, motions pictures, video / audio recordings, or any other reproduction of the same for LNFA and / or Cal South and its affiliate’s educational and promotional purposes in manuals, on flyers, the internet, or other publications. We have read this release and waiver of liability and fully understand its terms. We understand that we waive substantial rights by signing this form. We agree to waive all such rights above including the right to file a legal action or assert a claim for personal or physical injury or death of any kind. We click complete this electronic workflow (this registration) of our own free will.
- Participants are expected to adhere to all Park Rules and City Ordinances particularly regarding the condition of the field before, during and after LNFA activities.
- Alcohol, drugs and smoking are prohibited at all LNFA activities.
- Dogs are not permitted on artificial turf surfaces. Please pick up your trash.
- LNFA matches are administrated according to LNFA policies and FIFA’s Laws of the Game.
- Teams should have strong leadership consisting of at least four Captains (2 women and 2 men) and this leadership will work with the LNFA to provide our players and teams with quality football. Teams are administrated independently of the LNFA.
- Schedules will be consistent, visible and they will be posted at the beginning of the season for the entire season taking into account exceptions such as weather or issues related to city events. When possible Teams will be given a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours’ notice of reschedules unless this notice is waived by mutual consent. Missing players or playing short because of injury, family and / or work commitment is part of adult football and teams must manage these issues as best they can. Teams may only request reschedules for two reasons; religious observance or to represent the LNFA in another competition and these requests should be made at least thirty (30) days prior to the requested exception.
- Should a waiting list develop priority will be given as follows: P1 - LN Residents, P2 - Couples, P3 - General Admission.
- Teams will respect other permitted groups. LNFA matches will end 5mins before our permitted time ends. Players are to yield to other permitted groups and call Freddy if there any issues at (949) 290-6582. If Freddy is not available then please wait patiently from the parking lot. If the matter is not resolved in a timely manner please disperse and we will address it through the proper channels.
- All players must be registered with the LNFA. New players may register here. All players are responsible for following applicable LNFA policies and FIFAs Laws of the Game.
- Registration checks will be conducted by leadership throughout the season to validate registration.
- Registered players may participate with any team when subsitutions or fill in players are required. It is up to the player to decide how much football they can handle!
- The first match starts at 6:30pm and ends at 8:00pm no matter what time the match kicks off.
- The second match starts at 8:10pm and ends at 9:40pm no matter what time the match kicks off.
- This division hosts coed (women and men) play. Age considerations are based on the player's Birthday, not a seasonal date of eligibility. All players must be 30 years old or older with the exception of two female players per team which may be age 23 years old or older. Teams must field at least 5 female players and the maximum number of men a team may field is 6.
- Team Captains are expected to introduce themselves to the referees and their opponents Captains prior to the match.
- Teams must be at the field with a minimum of seven (7) players, referees fees and match balls fifteen (15) minutes before match time. Check-in and match reporting are handled by our referees using our Mobile Match Day web based application.
- Matches will consist of 2 x 40 minute halves and a five (5) minute halftime.
- No Slide Tackles! Slide tackles are illegal. A player will receive a Caution for committing a slide tackle.
- Substitutions are unlimited and may occur during any match stoppage with referee approval.
- Players receiving a yellow card will sit out for five (5) minutes and may be replaced.
- Players guilty of misconduct may be subject to disciplinary action regardless of whether or not the misconduct is formal (reported by the referee) or informal (not reported by the referee). The LNFA may review any incident and may include the discipline committee to determine if such incident warrants action not taken by the referee. The discipline panel may evaluate each incident / player individually and determine the correct suspension accordingly. The Discipline Panel has the flexibility to suspend players for a number of matches which may not be listed in our misconduct codes.
- Formal misconduct is reported by the referee using our misconduct codes.
- Players who are guilty of formal misconduct must leave the venue in a timely manner. If they do not, they may be found guilty of misconduct code 10 for failure to leave the field. If the player car-pooled with another participant then they must wait quietly in the parking lot and leave immediately after the match.
- Suspensions which exceed two (2) matches may be appealed by selecting the protest link of the match report when a team believes there was a misapplication of our policies. You can also access the protest page through the past matches link on your team page.
- Players who receive a suspension of five (5) matches or less may continue to participate in non-competitive LNFA activities and competitive matches outside of the division or format in which the player received the suspension.
- Players who receive a suspension of more than five (5) matches will have their misconduct reviewed by the Discipline Panel and reported to Cal South. They may not continue to participate in LNFA activities and the suspension escalates from matches to weeks.
- A minimum of one (1) match will be added to a suspension when a player receives two (2) red cards within one season.
- A minimum of two (2) matches will be added to a suspension when a player receives two (2) red cards within a season and at least one of them warrants a suspension of three (3) matches or more.
- Major misconduct documented in the Discipline Record will be considered by the Discipline Panel when reviewing misconduct.
- The Discipline Panel consists of two (2) third party Captains who were not involved in the match related to the misconduct and the LNFA.
- The Discipline Panel will review misconduct by reviewing the match report, statements, our policies and the player(s) discipline record.
- Players may appeal disciplinary action through our affiliates.
- Informal misconduct is reported by someone other than the referee. Informal misconduct may be reported by selecting the protest link through a match report or through the past matches link on your team page.
- Informal misconduct will be classified as one of three (3) categories: Verbal Warning – there is insufficient evidence to support formal disciplinary action and / or the accuser does not wish for formal disciplinary action to be taken, Written Warning – there is some evidence to support formal disciplinary action and / or the accuser does wish for formal disciplinary action to be taken, Formal Misconduct – there is sufficient evidence to support formal disciplinary action and it is in the best interest of the association to apply the formal misconduct procedure. Refer to Formal Misconduct.