11v11 Sunday Policies
- Quality is everyone's responsibility; the more we invest oursevles in the experience the more we will all enjoy our football.
- Players will adhere to LNFA policies and the LNFA has the final say in all matters.
- The LNFA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and dues paid to the LNFA are non-refundable.
- All players must be registered with the LNFA and Cal South. New players (who have a team) may register here. All players are responsible for following applicable LNFA policies and FIFAs Laws of the Game.
The participant and / or the participant’s representative (team Captain), hereby agree and acknowledge the following: (1) Participation in LNFA activities implies that all participants, both on the field and otherwise, release the City of Laguna Niguel, the Laguna Niguel Community Service District (LNCSD), their officers, agents and employees, the Laguna Niguel Football Association (LNFA) and our affiliates of any liability regarding participation in LNFA activities. (2) We agree to abide by the rules of the LNFA, the City of Laguna Niguel, Cal South and its affiliated organizations and sponsors. (3) We recognize the inherent risk of serious or permanent physical injury and possible death associated with soccer activities and matches, tournaments and team travel activities, we hereby release, discharge and / or otherwise indemnify and hold harmless the LNFA, the City of Laguna Niguel, Cal South, and its affiliated organizations and sponsors, volunteers, their employees and associated personnel, including the owners of fields and facilities utilized for our program(s), against any claim, lawsuit or written demand, including but not limited to any claims for personal or physical injury or death, by or on behalf of the participant as a result of the participants participation in our program(s) and / or being transported to or from the same, which transportation we hereby authorize. (4) We authorize verification of the participant’s date of birth from legal records to be provided to an LNFA and / or Cal South authorized representative for the limited purpose of verifying the Cal South player’s age and identity. (5) We consent to emergency medical care prescribed by a duly licensed Health Care Provider or Dentist. This care may be given under whatever conditions are necessary to preserve the life, limb or participants wellbeing and we hereby agree to be financially responsible for all costs associated with such treatment. (6) We consent to LNFA and / or Cal South taking photographs, video recordings and / or sound recordings in documenting the activities of the LNFA and / or Cal South program(s) and / or services. We hereby grant Cal South and their affiliate’s permission to use the negatives, prints, motions pictures, video / audio recordings, or any other reproduction of the same for LNFA and / or Cal South and its affiliate’s educational and promotional purposes in manuals, on flyers, the internet, or other publications. We have read this release and waiver of liability and fully understand its terms. We understand that we waive substantial rights by signing this form. We agree to waive all such rights above including the right to file a legal action or assert a claim for personal or physical injury or death of any kind. We click complete this electronic workflow (this registration) of our own free will.
- Participants are expected to adhere to all Park Rules and City Ordinances particularly regarding the condition of the field before, during and after LNFA activities.
- Alcohol, drugs and smoking are prohibited at all LNFA activities.
- Dogs are not permitted on artificial turf surfaces. Please pick up your trash.
- LNFA matches are administrated according to LNFA policies and FIFA’s Laws of the Game.
- Participants may play for more than one team in the LNFA but may not play for more than one team within a division. All players must be rostered / listed on a team page for the team or teams they participate with.
- Teams should have strong leadership consisting of at least four Captains and this leadership will work with the LNFA to provide our players and teams with quality football. Teams are administrated independently of the LNFA.
- Schedules will be consistent, visible and they will be posted at the beginning of the season for the entire season taking into account exceptions such as weather or issues related to city events. When possible Teams will be given a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours’ notice of reschedules unless this notice is waived by mutual consent. Missing players or playing short because of injury, family and / or work commitment is part of adult football and teams must manage these issues as best they can. Teams may only request reschedules for two reasons; religious observance or to represent the LNFA in another competition and these requests should be made at least thirty (30) days prior to the requested exception.
- Forfeits result in a 5 - 0 score. If a team forfeits more than one match in a season then they will incur an additional 3 point penalty after forfeiting their second match and an emergency divisional meeting will be held by the affected teams to evaluate the health of the team which has forfeited and if necessary to take action to maintain the integrity of the competition. Should a team abandon a match and the referee has confirmed they have done so the match will be awarded to their opponent as a forfeit. Teams may lose an additional three (3) points for bringing the association into disrepute. Teams which forfeit are responsible for referees fees.
- Should a team fail to complete the season the table will be wiped clean of their results but the misconduct reporting will not be altered. If a failed team returns they must return into the lowest division.
- There will be one automatic relegation and one automatic promotion spot between divisions within a format and one playoff relegation and one playoff promotion spot between divisions within a format. Relegation and promotion including the playoff match will take place regardless of the number of teams within a division.
- Teams will respect other permitted groups. LNFA matches will end 5mins before our permitted time ends. Players are to yield to other permitted groups and call Freddy if there any issues at (949) 290-6582. If Freddy is not available then please wait patiently from the parking lot. If the matter is not resolved in a timely manner please disperse and we will address it through the proper channels.
- All players must be registered with the LNFA and Cal South. New players may register here. All players are responsible for following applicable LNFA policies and FIFAs Laws of the Game.
- This division host men. Age considerations are based on the player’s Birthday, not a seasonal date of eligibility. Teams will have no more than eight (8) players who are under the age of thirty (30). Teams will not field any more than four (4) players who are under the age of thirty (30). Players under the age of thirty (30) must wear an armband. Teams will not exceed twenty-six (26) active players and keepers are exempt from age restrictions.
- Team Captains are expected to introduce themselves to the referees and their opponents Captains prior to the match.
- Teams must be at the field with a minimum of seven (7) players, referees fees and match balls fifteen (15) minutes before match time. Check-in and match reporting are handled by our referees using our Mobile Match Day web based application.
- Each player must check-in with the referee(s) directly; Captains may not check-in players although they are free to help.
- Matches will consist of 2 x 45 minute halves and a 5 minute halftime. Referees fees are seventy-three dollars ($73) paid to the referees before the match. The home team will provide three (3) match balls.
- Only the team with possession may substitute and all substitutions are reciprocal. This applies to all dead ball situations and any team may sub on a goal kick or kick off.
- Players receiving a yellow card will sit out for five (5) minutes and may be replaced. If a keeper receives a yellow card then another field player may sit out for five (5) minutes in his place. If a team is playing with seven (7) players then a player receiving a yellow card does not have to leave the field and the match will not be abandoned.
- Cup and Mug matches require a winner and will be decided by kicks from the mark immediately after the match ends. Please expedite this process due to time constraints.
- Players guilty of misconduct may be subject to disciplinary action regardless of whether or not the misconduct is formal (reported by the referee) or informal (not reported by the referee). The LNFA may review any incident and may include the discipline committee to determine if such incident warrants action not taken by the referee. The discipline panel may evaluate each incident / player individually and determine the correct suspension accordingly. The Discipline Panel has the flexibility to suspend players for a number of matches which may not be listed in our misconduct codes.
- Formal misconduct is reported by the referee using our misconduct codes.
- Players who are guilty of formal misconduct must leave the venue in a timely manner. If they do not, they may be found guilty of misconduct code 10 for failure to leave the field. If the player car-pooled with another participant then they must wait quietly in the parking lot and leave immediately after the match.
- Suspensions which exceed two (2) matches may be appealed by selecting the protest link of the match report when a team believes there was a misapplication of our policies. You can also access the protest page through the past matches link on your team page.
- Players who receive a suspension of five (5) matches or less may continue to participate in non-competitive LNFA activities and competitive matches outside of the division or format in which the player received the suspension.
- Players who receive a suspension of more than five (5) matches will have their misconduct reviewed by the Discipline Panel and reported to Cal South. They may not continue to participate in LNFA activities and the suspension escalates from matches to weeks.
- A minimum of one (1) match will be added to a suspension when a player receives two (2) red cards within one season.
- A minimum of two (2) matches will be added to a suspension when a player receives two (2) red cards within a season and at least one of them warrants a suspension of three (3) matches or more.
- Major misconduct documented in the Discipline Record will be considered by the Discipline Panel when reviewing misconduct.
- The Discipline Panel consists of two (2) third party Captains who were not involved in the match related to the misconduct and the LNFA.
- The Discipline Panel will review misconduct by reviewing the match report, statements, our policies and the player(s) discipline record.
- Players may appeal disciplinary action through our affiliates.
- Informal misconduct is reported by someone other than the referee. Informal misconduct may be reported by selecting the protest link through a match report or through the past matches link on your team page.
- Informal misconduct will be classified as one of three (3) categories: Verbal Warning – there is insufficient evidence to support formal disciplinary action and / or the accuser does not wish for formal disciplinary action to be taken, Written Warning – there is some evidence to support formal disciplinary action and / or the accuser does wish for formal disciplinary action to be taken, Formal Misconduct – there is sufficient evidence to support formal disciplinary action and it is in the best interest of the association to apply the formal misconduct procedure. Refer to Formal Misconduct.